There are a variety of reasons for wanting to repair or restore a piece of furniture. Whether it’s a loose joint, a scratch or discoloration, we can help! At Furniture Medic by WoodLord Restorations we have decades of experience repairing and restoring a large variety of different furniture pieces in the New York and New Jersey Metro areas.
Some of our Furniture Repair & Restorations Services Include:
- Furniture Repair & Restoration: If you have a piece of furniture that has been damaged, we can help. Our experienced crew can reattach that broken chair leg or restore your family heirlooms to bring back the original look and beauty.
- Furniture Painting: Older wood furnishing can start to lose their luster. Our furniture painting services help give new life to your favorite pieces by smoothing the surface and changing the coloring.
- Dent and Scratch Repair: Everyday wear and tear can slowly damage your furnishings. We provide expert repairs for dents and scratches using special products to fill in the damaged areas.
- Expert Color Matching: We provide custom color-matching services for wood furnishings, millwork and cabinetry to give your homes’ furnishings a more cohesive look.
Should I Repair or Replace?
Often, there is a shocked silence when we explain our services and the costs to our customers. Our technicians can work with you to determine what is best for each piece of furniture you bring in. Here are some things to consider when making the decision to repair or replace:
- Is the item part of a set of matched pieces?
- Do you love the piece?
- Does the item have sentimental value?
- Can the item be replaced with a comparable new piece?
- Are you willing to settle for a new piece of lesser quality?
If a damaged nightstand can be repaired and retain a bedroom set in its’ entirety, the bedroom set maintains a higher value. In the case of dining chairs, the cost to repair/reglue most likely will exceed the cost of a moderately priced new chair. However, restoring the damaged chair will maintain the matched set.
Love the Piece
We occasionally have a customer who insists on spending a fortune to restore a piece that has no real value, except in their eyes, only! We’re honored to help them indulge their passion, no questions asked!
We can help to keep a piece functional without a full-blown restoration. It’s nice to have family pieces around that actually serve a purpose and we can tailor a restoration to fit your needs.
The furniture you need to replace may not have a comparable example available in today’s market. Furniture with quality workmanship, classic or unusual style and custom-made pieces are all candidates for restoration rather than replacement.
Our shop offers comprehensive restoration services, including a full upholstery shop. We want to help you find a solution. Contact us today to get started!